Strangelove Timebased Media Festival

August 5th – September 20th 2020

View here

My film Notes from the subsurface has been selected for the Strangelove Timebased Media Festival. The film was created as part of my EarthArt Fellowship at Bristol University’s Earth and Life… more about

Labocine Spotlight: ‘Charlie Tweed: Humans, Nature, and Control’

Labocine Magazine, July, 2020

A new article and interview on my recent work, along with the presentation of three films: Notes from the subsurface (2020), Oporavak (2016), The Signal and the Noise (2016).

Charlie Tweed is a media artist… more about

Emotional Interfaces: Wrong Biennale – (screening event and exhibition)

Emotional Interfaces: Wrong Biennale – (screening event and exhibition)

La Machine Du Moulin Rouge, Paris
February 19, 2020

Après une expo 100% virtuelle, Emotional Interfaces vous donne rendez-vous offline… au Bar à Bulles de La Machine du Moulin Rouge ! Pas d’opening party mais déjà une closing party… more about

Implex (2019)

Implex (2019)

Implex addresses current conditions by appropriating the language of behavioural marketing to propose a machine that enables a new form of responsive ‘solution’. It appears to be a form of sentient real time software that uses neural monitoring, datamore about

Notes from the Subsurface (2020) – EXTENDED TO JANUARY 2021

Notes from the Subsurface (2020) – EXTENDED TO JANUARY 2021

Private View and opening lectures featuring Charlie Tweed, Dr Tom Williams and Dr Heather Buss: 

Thursday, 23 January 2020

18:00 – 20:00 GMT


Exhibition runs from: January 23 – January 2021

EarthArt Gallery, Earth Sciences,Wills Memorial… more about

0.1% Navel Gallery, Los Angeles, USA

Nov 7-11 2019

Organized by Dr. Yewande Pearse

Our DNA – the script of our lives – is 99.9% the same across the human species. But differences in the remaining 0.1% hold important clues to who we are as individuals… more about

Aesthetica Short Film Festival


6-10 November 2019

My video work Implex has been selected for the Aesthetica Short Film Festival.

more here

Nordic Geographers Meeting, Trondheim, 16th-19th June 2019

Paper presentation (as film) for the strand ‘Considering art and creativity in an era of ecocide’.


Re-writing the machinic anthropocene: fiction as method – (FILM)

Charlie Tweed, Senior Lecturer in Digital Media and Culture, Bathmore about

Digital Ecologies II: Fiction Machines

Tuesday 16 July, 2019
9:30 AM – 7:00 PM

I am organising this symposium coming up in July.The Centre for Media Research
Bath Spa University
Newton Park, Newton St Loe, Bath, BA2 9BN

more about

Rencontres International in Berlin

August 20 to 25, 2019, at the Haus der Kulturen der Welt

The next Rencontres Internationales in Berlin will be held from August 20 to 25, 2019, at the Haus der Kulturen der Welt, in free entry. It will… more about